If you’ve just purchased a home or have lived in yours for some time, chances are you have been considering upgrading your outdoor living area with an outdoor kitchen. Many homeowners across the United States are investing in outdoor living spaces that are efficient, relaxing, and offer additional space for entertaining. If you’re ready to start building your dream kitchen into a reality, Paradise Grilling Systems can help. From DIY project kitchens, permanent outdoor kitchens to our very own Paradise Grilling Systems outdoor kitchens, we will help you to discover which outdoor kitchen option is the most beneficial for you, your time and your wallet.
Before you jump on board with any of the above types of outdoor kitchens, however, there are a few basic questions you’ll want to have answered before you begin. These questions include, but are not limited to:
- Can you afford an outdoor kitchen? Since adding a quality outdoor kitchen to your home is both time consuming and expensive, you’ll want to make sure you have the budget before you begin building. Some outdoor kitchen and grill manufacturers, like Paradise Grilling Systems for example, offer payment plans for their products. If you do need to make payments, make sure they are affordable for you.
- How much do you want to spend? If you want a outdoor kitchen that lasts and adds value to your property, you will want to set a higher budget for this project. If you’re looking to just create a simple space that is moveable, like an outdoor kitchen from Paradise Grilling Systems, you can set your budget a little lower.
- Do you have enough or the right space for an outdoor kitchen? If you’re not sure, you can always get the opinion of a professional or even a friend who understands the concepts of outdoor kitchen layouts. Remember, an outdoor kitchen doesn’t have to take up a lot of space to be relaxing or luxurious, so try to use what you have.
- Do you want someone to build it and install it for you or do you want to do all the work yourself? Sometimes DIY projects can end up costing more money, than premade outdoor kitchens, especially if not done correctly.
- What type of features are you looking for in an outdoor grill? This question can include a multitude of features, like outdoor sinks, a fridge, tiki hut, fireplace, fire pit, outdoor entertainment system, bar area, tables, chairs, etc. A second part to this question could include, what’s your style? Are you looking to entertain or relax? Do you want a tropical, island feel or an upscale city stylized outdoor kitchen?
- Do you have the time to maintain your outdoor kitchen? This is one of the most important questions that many people seem to forget about. When you’re purchasing an investment piece like an outdoor kitchen from Paradise Grilling Systems or any other outdoor kitchen manufacturer you need to be willing to take care of your investment. This means regular maintenance and protecting your asset against extreme weather whenever possible.
Making Your Dream Outdoor Kitchen a Reality
Assuming you answered all of the above questions and have decided to move forward with the installation of an outdoor kitchen, it’s now time to decide your outdoor kitchen design, will you be building this yourself, hiring contractors to build a permanent outdoor kitchen, or choosing a trusted outdoor kitchen manufacturer to customize your dream kitchen? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each of these options.
DIY Outdoor Kitchens
For the most part, many people who choose the DIY option of building their own outdoor kitchen are looking to cut costs and build at their own pace. If you have the time to do this, this can turn out to be a very rewarding experience that you’ll be proud to show off. One of the biggest cons to building a DIY kitchen is obviously the time it takes and if you don’t have at least a little experience in the realm of construction and building, you may end up stuck or worse have to re-do it entirely-which will end up costing you more in the long run.
In addition to a complete DIY outdoor kitchen, you also have the option to do a half and half style outdoor kitchen from Paradise Grilling Systems. For example, you could purchase just a basic grill and bar system and add the patio and fire pit or even pizza oven yourself! The ideas and options are truly endless when it comes to how you want to design your outdoor kitchen. For inspiration and ideas, check out this article from the BBQ Guys.
Permanent Outdoor Kitchens
Probably the most expensive of the three options, having a contractor come in and build you your dream outdoor kitchen is the easiest way to install this investment on your property. It’s important before you hire a contractor that you do your research and speak with people who have worked with them before. This will help you to decide it their prices are fair, if their work is exceptional and whether or not they are easy to work with. If price is a non-issue and you want an outdoor kitchen permanently installed into your forever home, this is a great option. Just remember that you can’t take this outdoor kitchen with you if you do decide to move.
Paradise Grilling Systems Customizable Outdoor Kitchens
Choosing a customizable Paradise Grilling Systems outdoor kitchen is a versatile decision. Many of the outdoor kitchens and grills offered by Paradise can be customized to fit every style and budget under the “tiki hut”. Another important component of these outdoor kitchens is that they can easily be moved from place to place, either in your backyard or across the country. Both a DIY or professionally installed permanent outdoor kitchen, don’t offer this. The only downside to purchasing an outdoor kitchen from Paradise Grilling systems is the cost, which is relatively similar to the DIY option, if not sometimes cheaper depending on various accessories and add ons.
Additionally, Paradise Grilling Systems does offer payment plans, so if it’s easier for you to get setup on a monthly payment plan for your outdoor kitchen this may be the best option for you as many professional contractors will not take smaller payments. Similarly, if you are doing-it-yourself, you’ll have to pay for all your supplies upfront.
If you’re still on the fence about what type of outdoor kitchen could make all your dreams come true, stop by a Paradise showroom near you. There are expertly trained staff can help you make the best decision in order to garner your most dreamiest outdoor living experience.