Roof damage is one of the biggest problems for both business owners and homeowners alike. It is especially difficult in areas with long winters and strong winds.
The ramifications of unrepaired damage to roofs can be both costly and dangerous. The longer you wait for the damage to get worse, the more difficult and expensive the repairs will ultimately be. And while some forms of roofs are more resistant to damage than others, they will all degrade over time due to five primary factors.
- Poor Maintenance: This makes the top of the list, because it’s the only one people have any real control over. Neglecting to properly inspect and maintain your roof can cost you a lot of time and money in the future.
- Improper Installation: This one comes second, since we can still control for this factor to some degree. Most people simply don’t know all the ins and outs of roof installation, however, by arming yourself with knowledge, you can better decide who you want installing your roof, and can even supervise the process.
- Wind Damage: In areas like Idaho Falls and Pocatello, roof damage caused by strong winds is very common. When the sometimes overwhelming winds in these areas lasts for days or even weeks, they end up loosening nails, weakening shingles, and taking their toll on other roofing materials.
- Ice Damage: In northern areas that see long, cold winters, ice damage is one of the leading causes of roof damage. Ice damage occurs when freshly fallen snow melts in hot sunlight and then refreezes soon afterward. Melted snow makes its way into various areas on the roof, such as between shingles and flashing. The constant temperature changes that result in this melting-freezing process tends to loosen up various roofing materials over time, weakening the structure of your roof and causing leaks, water damage, mold, and other problems.
- Other Weather-Related Damage: Even when weather conditions are relatively mild, damage is still going to occur to your roof over time due to direct UV light exposure and other continuous weather phenomena, which can especially be damaging to asphalt shingles.
How To Go About Getting Your Roof Repaired
If your roof has become damaged for any reason, contact your insurance provider immediately and go over exactly what your current insurance plan covers. The right roof repair company can meet with your insurance adjuster in order to ensure that all possible damage repair is accomplished.
Columbia Basin Exteriors – Roofers In Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and Surrounding Areas
If you are looking for reliable roof repair contractors, choose Columbia Basin Exteriors!
Whether it’s a residential or commercial property, Columbia Basin Exteriors provides the services you need on virtually any kind of roof (both low slope and steep slope). They can handle any roofing material you might have, including:
With a combination of training, experience, and the ability to innovate, Columbia Basin Exteriors won’t let you down.