A Murphy Bed is a great addition to any home. But even better is a custom Murphy Bed. In addition to the many benefits that come with any quality Murphy Bed, the ability to customize the bed just the way you want it is a big deal to a lot of consumers. Of course, in order to make that happen, you’ll want to skip the big box store and find a leading custom Murphy Bed manufacturer like Wilding Wallbeds.
Custom Furniture and Murphy Beds
Wilding Wallbeds has distinguished itself from the rest of the pack when it comes to creating a custom Murphy Bed or other furniture. Nowhere else will you find a greater quality in the combination of the standard Murphy Bed selection and custom Murphy Beds. With their homegrown manufacturing facility, they are able to offer minimal lead times and unmatched customer service.
Custom Murphy Bed Options
You want options? A custom Murphy Bed has all sorts of options. Your order can be built to your specifications with custom widths, heights, and even cabinet configurations. Plus this includes things such as the wood, finish, style, size, cabinets and more! Here are some of the most popular options to include in your custom Murphy Bed.
- The Studio Desk — When you choose this option you get a bed and a desk in one. The bed is able to raise and lower without moving the desktop so you can leave your computer or other items undisturbed. There are up to nine inches of clearance.
- Bunk Beds — What kid wouldn’t want to have a custom Murphy Bunk Bed in their room? They need room to play and with this style of bed, they’ll have it. These beds operate with the dependable and “whisper quiet” piston lift system that is guaranteed for life and they come with a three-sided guardrail on the upper bunk.
- Lighting — A touch light system is a must-have for your custom Murphy Bed. They fit into the bridge board of the bed with all power cords hidden away inside the cabinetry. They easily plug into any standard outlet. The lights are designed to automatically shut off when you close the bed so they will not be left on.
- Slide Out Night Table — A slide out night tray is basically a portable nightstand … there when you want it and it can slide away when you prefer to have the space available for something else. It’s a perfect way to make your guests more comfortable.
- Antimicrobial Protection — Adding this to your custom Murphy Bed will give your bed added protection — against mold and mildew. Plus, it won’t have to be reapplied because it doesn’t wash off or wear away. Antimicrobial Protection is the next step in leaving you with greater confidence and peace of mind.
- Safety Locks — Another option that you’ll want to be sure to have is a safety lock system. This offers additional protection against the bed coming down. This is especially useful for any homes with children around. The locks are positioned on both sides of the bed and out of the reach of children.
- Storage Headboard — You probably love the thought of a custom Murphy Bed to save space. Why not save even more space with a storage headboard? It’s big enough for pillows, additional bedding and more.
- Drop Down Desk Table — With this option that attaches to the face of the bed, you’ll have a surface that ranges from 36-48 inches long and 30 inches wide. It comes with the capability to lock in the up position when the bed is up, or just lower the table into the working position. The lock is positioned at more than six feet high to be out of reach of small children to prevent table opening accidents.
- Removable Pillow Guards — Good luck getting a good night of sleep if your pillows go missing during the night. With these pillow guards, that is not going to be happening.
The Custom Murphy Bed Process
When you are ready to make your dream of a custom Murphy Bed into a reality, the process is pretty simple. The key is communication between you and the sales team you are working with.
You will start by taking measurements of the room you are working with. Keep in mind any possible issues with things like clearance and the wall layout. Then the measurements are used to create a draft of what your Murphy Bed will look like. Then any necessary adjustments or feature additions can be integrated into the design. This process will continue until everything is just the way you want it. Then the design is sent to the design team so the manufacturing preparations can begin.
- Let the sales and design team know what your desired use for the room is. It may be something they have done before and can offer helpful suggestions.
- Yes, you can use your current mattress with a Murphy Bed. (This is a very common question). Almost any mattress will fit in a Murphy Bed. But most of them will not be able to maintain their shape if they are stored in an upright position. However, if you purchase your Murphy Bed from Wilding Wallbeds, you can also pick up a mattress that has been designed specifically for the Murphy Bed.
- The production time for a customized product is about 5-6 weeks plus shipping, delivery, and setup.
- When it comes to shipping, your custom Murphy Bed can be sent right to your front door. Yes, these beds are large and heavy pieces of furniture, but they are shipped in manageable pieces so that they are easy to maneuver and assemble. This also comes in handy when moving them into the desired room. You might even decide to choose a “White Glove Delivery Service” for an additional fee. If you opt for this special service, your bed will be brought into the room where you wish to have it set up. They will also unbox it and take care of the packing materials for you.
When you are looking at your options for a custom Murphy Bed or other furniture, you will find a lot of possibilities. It will be important to trust your vision and space-saving ideas to a leading Murphy Bed manufacturer such as Wilding Wallbeds. Wilding Wallbeds products are designed to last.
You’ll get a handmade Murphy Bed that has been made with the finest solid hardwoods and top quality furniture grade plywoods available. Plus, your product will have a lifetime guarantee.