Is mold growing in your bathroom or basement? Have you noticed a musty smell in your bathroom or kitchen? Have you seen any of those mysterious black spots growing between tiles, the corners of ceilings, or under your sink?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have mold in your home.
Since mold can cause health issues, mainly respiratory, now more than ever we must be vigilant about keeping mold out of our homes. However, many of us want to avoid the harsh chemicals that many disinfects have, and if used incorrectly can become a health hazard themselves.
Continue reading to learn more about natural solutions to clean up mold without using harmful chemicals. If you find that you have an ongoing mold problem, you’ll need to call in backup. Our Idaho Falls mold removal experts at Steamatic will remove the mold and keep it coming back for good. Call us for more information about disinfecting your home or business in Idaho Falls.
Hydrogen peroxide has numerous uses. It is used to treat viral and bacterial infections as well as fungi and can keep them from occurring on surfaces throughout the home. According to Mold Solutions, hydrogen peroxide is also effective at removing mold that grows on floors, walls, and appliances. Follow these directions to remove mold:
- Pour a solution of hydrogen peroxide with a concentration of 3% into a spray bottle.
- Next, spray the affected area until it is completely saturated with the solution.
- After the solution has set for 10 minutes use a brush to remove the mold and any stains in the surrounding area.
- Lastly, use a dry rag to thoroughly wipe the area clean.
Another way to naturally remove mold in Idaho Falls is to use baking soda. This white mineral powder can be used to remove mold and absorb any moisture to prevent the mold from returning. Follow these directions from Maids.com:
- Use a one-quarter tablespoon of baking soda to one spray bottle filled with water.
- Shake it up until the baking soda has dissolved.
- Spray the moldy areas with the baking soda/water solution.
- Next, using a scrub brush, scrub the surface to remove all mold.
- Rinse the surface with hot water to remove any residual mold.
- Finally, spray the area again with the baking soda and water solution and allow it to dry. This final step will help to ensure that the mold doesn’t return.
Vinegar & Tea Tree Oil
Our last natural solution to remove mold in Idaho Falls comes from RootandRevel.com. Here’s how to mix and use this solution of vinegar (a naturally antimicrobial substance) and Tea Tree oil (an anti-fungal remedy) to fight off mold and keep it from coming back:
- Combine Vinegar and tea tree oil in a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle until the mixture is combined.
- Next, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Then use both hydrogen peroxide and baking soda afterward (see above for directions on how to use these mixtures) ending with a baking soda spritz.
Know When To Call The Idaho Falls Mold Remediation Experts
These natural solutions are great for minor mold issues, however, some mold issues call for expert help. If your home or business has any of the following, contact Steamatic of Idaho Falls for a complimentary mold remediation consultation:
- The area(s) of mold is large
- You can smell mold (a musty smelly) but don’t see any mold and are unable to find it.
- People in your home having underlying health conditions.
- If asbestos or lead is present in the home.
Call us today, to get mold removed from your Idaho Falls home or business once and for all.
*These natural cleaners remove mold, they do not kill it.