We’re less than a month away from the most romantic day of the year. At least that’s what Valentine’s Day is supposed to be right? If you want to make sure that yours is full of romance, consider using some of these romantic bedroom ideas for her (or him).
We know that a successful relationship takes work. We also know that things don’t always go according to our plan. But even if these romantic bedroom ideas for her don’t play out exactly as you envision — your loved one will surely recognize the effort and thoughtfulness behind it. So without any further ado, here are some of the best romantic bedroom ideas for her or him.
Make Your Bedroom Look Romantic For Her Or Him
As we said, it is the thought that really counts (most of the time anyway). But we still want our romantic bedroom ideas for her to be a success. So, why not start with making sure that the romantic mood is not interrupted by a messy or dirty bedroom.
There are plenty of things that you can do to make your bedroom look romantic and many of them are actually pretty easy. Here are a few to get you started.
- Make it smell good — If the bedroom smells bad, you can forget about any romantic bedroom ideas for her working out. A candle is a great way to add a good scent to a room. Some scents are even thought to be an aphrodisiac. Something like jasmine or lavender might be just the thing to set the right mood in your bedroom. And an added bonus — they provide some romantic lighting! You can also try using some potpourri or incense. Things like sandalwood, patchouli, and woody scents seem to be enjoyable for both men and women.
- Your attitude matters — It’s the end of the day so you are both probably tired. You need to avoid thinking about being tired, what housework needs to be done, or anything else that might be distracting from the mood and keep romance at the front of your mind.
- Fireplace — There is a reason that many a romantic movie scene has been filmed in front of a fireplace. A warm fire surrounded by a beautiful paint job or stone wall creates a perfect spot for a romantic evening.
- Break out the good stuff — It will be tough to have a romantic night if dinner doesn’t go well. Get it started off right with a nice-looking table that is set with the good dishes or china. Throw in some candles to set the mood with the right lighting for your romantic bedroom ideas for her or him.
- Large plants — Using some flowers and/or indoor trees can transform your bedroom into something like a garden oasis. It will be like an escape from your typical surroundings and help you two escape the cares of everyday life. At least for a little while.
- Hang sheers — A set of semi-sheer curtains provides a sense of ethereal romance. They diffuse soft light to give you a dreamy effect.
- White is right — An all-white interior can bring out a cloud-like dreaminess. Throw in something such as an antique mirror with an alluring presence and you’ll have attractive layers that you’ll love. Making the bedroom a place that you both love is key to setting the scene for romance.
- Mix it up — It can be easy to get stuck in the same routine every night. If this sounds familiar, it’s time to change things up. Leave the TV off. Maybe spend some time reminiscing about some of the best times you have spent together. That should bring back the feelings you had before the predictable routine started.
- Eliminate distractions — Speaking of the TV, if you really want to have some romance in the bedroom, take the TV out of the room altogether. Do the same with your phones and anything else that might distract from the time that you should be spending focusing on each other.
- Good lighting — The right lighting will go a long way toward setting a romantic mood. You should be shooting for soft lighting and not something that is too bright. Candles and lamps are great for this. Sometimes the dim light is best for a romantic situation.
- New bedding — Surprise that special person with a new set of silk sheets. Combine that with a warm quilt and you’ve got a great spot for you two to snuggle up. If you don’t want to spend the money on new sheets, sometimes simply rearranging the room can be enough of a change to alter your perception. It will seem like you are on vacation. At least for a night or two.
- Background music — This one is easy and obvious. Turning on some of the right music is one of the best romantic bedroom ideas for her or him. Just make sure it is not too loud so it won’t become a distraction — or wake up the kids.
- Evocative art — The right piece of abstract artwork adds a romantic touch to the bedroom. Those scenes have a way of making people want to dim the lights.
Overcome The Obstacles
Many of us struggle to come up with romantic bedroom ideas for her or him. And a lot of times, our ideas may not be realistic because of our circumstances. For instance, if you have a small bedroom, it may not be possible to create the perfect bedroom layout for romance. However, there are some ways to get around this with a little creativity.
One way to transform a space-starved bedroom to one that is much more functional is by installing a Murphy Bed. There is no better way to save space in a bedroom. If this sounds like the solution for you, leading Murphy Bed manufacturers such as Wilding Wallbeds has tons of color and style options available that will match with any color that gets you into a romantic mood.
Another part of your bed (Murphy Bed) that can have a major impact on your romantic situations is the mattress. A bad mattress can equal bad romance. Whether you have a Murphy Bed or not, the mattress — and taking good care of it — is always important. After all, you don’t want it to ruin your romantic bedroom ideas for her or him.