Is there such a thing as too much space? Of course, if you are living alone you aren’t going to need eight bedrooms. But, for the vast majority of us, we could certainly use a little more room in our home, office, or wherever. It can be frustrating to have a small kitchen, bathroom, or small modern bedroom design.
Thankfully there are some things that you can try to make more efficient use of the space that you do have to work with. In any bedroom, the bed is going to take up the majority of the space. The best way to save space in a small bedroom layout is to invest in a Murphy Bed or Wallbed.
What is a Murphy Bed? If you don’t know, you should know. This article is full of good information about three common questions about Murphy Beds. Here’s a brief recap of those questions and the answers.
What Does A Murphy Bed Cost?
Murphy Beds (also known as wall beds) have a wide range in pricing. This wide range in prices comes from several factors including bed style, bed size, mattress quality, and materials used to construct the bed. Generally, a brand new queen size bed can range from $800 to $5,000 according to consumer reports. This means that there’s an array of options in Murphy Bed sets to accommodate virtually any household’s budget.
You’ll also want to keep in mind that there can be a big difference in the quality and craftsmanship of Murphy Beds. You may find something that is a bit less expensive, but then there’s a good chance that the quality may be less than what you are hoping for. Choose a manufacturer like Wilding Wallbeds that takes pride in only offering top quality Murphy Beds manufactured by skilled craftsmen.
How Does A Murphy Bed Work?
A Murphy Bed is a bed that is designed to be stored vertically in a wall or cabinet when it is not being used. So it is able to be stored flat against (or into) the wall lengthwise and even concealed within a cabinet or behind wall doors. There is no better way to maximize a room’s daytime floor space.
The majority of these beds hinge at the head of the bed. The foot of the bed folds out and has legs for support when the bed is in use. Need a visual? Think of the drawbridge of a castle.
This style of bed is very popular in small apartments, homes and anywhere with limited floor space — including standard size homes. You even have the option for a Murphy Bunk Bed which would allow for much more playing room for the kids.
Today’s Murphy beds are designed with components (such as legs) that automatically set themselves as the bed is lowered for use. Also, today’s Murphy beds are manufactured with components like hydraulic rams that make lowering and raising the bed easy enough to do (effortlessly) with one hand.
What Is The Best Murphy Bed?
There are a few Murphy Bed companies leading the industry. So you will have some good options to choose from. Among these, is Wilding Wallbeds. They offer several of the best Murphy Beds available today — including the Remington Murphy Bed.
Their Remington style Murphy Bed is one of the most popular options available. This is likely due to the fact that it was designed based on input from years of customer feedback. It is thoughtfully crafted in an Autumn Haze finish on Alder wood. This creates an extremely versatile product with a finish that ties in with tons of pre-existing furniture styles and colors.
The Remington includes some other great features for a small bedroom layout as well.
A Remington comes with some additional features that are pretty cool. For instance — two shelving units on either side of the cabinet. Also included, is a three drawer side cabinet and 20” door and drawer side cabinet, both with slide-out night tables. When you don’t have the bed pulled down for sleeping, the cabinet, shelving, and drawers make a beautiful entertainment center that will make your guests jealous! For more information on The Remington (or many other styles of Murphy Beds), check out Wilding Wallbeds.
More Small Bedroom Layout Ideas
When you are dealing with limited space, you have got to make wise, efficient use of that space. One way that you can do this is with the arrangement of your small bedroom layout. Here are some suggestions on how to arrange furniture in a small bedroom layout.
- Symmetry — Who wouldn’t like to have a symmetrical bedroom that offers easy access to both sides of the bed? This makes a room feel more spacious and certainly makes it easier to make your bed.
- The Bedside Table — A bedside table on just one side of the bed takes away some symmetry but allows for more space. Match your bedside table with a chest of drawers.
- Use A Shelf — Some small bedroom layouts don’t allow for many options and you have just one viable spot for the bed. If you don’t have space for end tables, install an overhead shelf and place your chest of drawers in a corner.
- Use The Closet — With a small bedroom layout, you may have a dedicated closet but not very much bedroom space. In this case, place the bed in a corner and you can treat the window ledge as your bedside table.
- Wall Space — With limited floor space, you’re going to want to take advantage of all your space options. So, mount your TV on the wall, use the window ledge, and using shelves that hang on the wall are all options for you.
- Use Fewer Sheets — This will save you more time and frustration than space. In a small bedroom layout, your bed is very likely up against two walls in a corner. This situation can make it tough to make your bed and especially with many layers of blankets. One thing you may try is a fitted sheet with a duvet. Your bed-making will be a less frustrating experience.
- The Right Perspective — A small bedroom layout, as with most things in life, can change greatly just by your perspective. Just because it is small, doesn’t mean it can’t be great. You may not have room for a lot, but a couple of good choices can really help the space feel like something you can be proud of. Try adding some color with your pillows and blankets and make sure that the lighting is good.